LetterheadCorner of buildingConstruction of buildingBuilding for sale

All Home Inspections Are Not the Same.

How do you know which firm will provide the best inspection?

The one that has "P.E." (Professional Engineer) after their name.

Colorado does not license home inspectors, but does license Professional Engineers. If your inspector is a Colorado Licensed Professional Engineer, you will know that this person has the legal authority, education, and experience to advise you responsibly regarding such concerns as foundation, framing, slope stability, retaining walls, site drainage, and septic systems - the "engineered components" of a home.

If an unlicensed inspector sees something wrong with an "engineered component," will they tell you? Maybe, and maybe not. If they know enough to recognize a concern, they may mention it, but if you ask, "Is it serious?" the only acceptable answer is, "I can refer you to an engineer who can answer that question for you." But then you will need to conduct a second inspection, at an additional delay and expense.

An engineer can answer all your questions in one inspection, saving you time, money, and frustration.

High Point Engineering Specialty Areas:

Property Inspections - Residential and Commercial

Residential and Commercial

Both structural components and systems are included in our Standard Inspection. Inspections are conducted by a Licensed Professional Engineer, so you know that the person conducting the inspection is legally and professionally qualified to do so, and you can have confidence in the information presented in the inspection report. We call the report an "Owner's Manual" for the property. It includes a discussion of the various components of the building, and a Maintenance Plan.

Reserve Studies

Reserve Studies

If you own or manage a commercial property, or if you are a member of a Homeowners' Association, credited with responsibility for managing common areas of a subdivision, you need a reserve study. This document will help you determine how much money must be set aside each month or year, in order to provide funds for replacement of capital assets when they expire.

HUD Foundation/Tie-down Studies


Most lenders require documentation that the foundations and tie-down systems of manufactured homes meet government specifications, before they can finance or refinance these homes. We provide such documentation, or if the system does not meet HUD standards, we explain how it can be brought into compliance.

Forensic Engineering


Do you need documentation of a structural condition for an insurance claim, or other legal proceeding? We can determine whether a building's structural integrity has been compromised by fire/flood/impact, and help determine feasibility/advisability of repair or replacement. We can also help determine the costs of different alternatives.

Foundation/Structural Design


Are you remodeling, building an addition, or building a new home? Are you hoping to remove a wall between two rooms, but need to know if taking it out will cause the house to fall down? We can design foundations, determine whether walls are bearing walls, and show you how to remove a bearing wall without causing a structural crisis. Are there expansive soils that require an engineered foundation? Or are you undertaking foundation repair? It is strongly advised that you involve not only a repair contractor, but also an engineer retained by you (not the contractor) prior to undertaking repairs.